Monday, October 22, 2007

Internship Journal #11

Hello to you all. I am writing really late tonight, but I went to a football game. The game was called, "The Longest Yard" and it is played between Congress members against the Capitol Police. The Congress "Mean Machine" was not so mean…they lost 28 to 0! The Capitol police were really good, well…not really good, they were just a lot better than an professional quarterback a couple of other players and some guys that can't catch! I was fun though, watching them try to play football. It was nice to see them out there having fun and raising money for a charity, the Capitol Police Families Fund that helps families of fallen police officers. I went to the game with Diana and Brandon, they are both fun to hang out with. It was Diana's birthday and so we took her out to dinner and then we went to the ballgame. We ate appetizer's at the Pour House and we all had a drink. Brandon's 21st birthday was last week and I wasn't feeling well, so we went to the zoo together this weekend. He liked the hippo's the most, so I gave him a little rubber hippo for his birthday and a pair of tiger sweat bands. I liked the panda's, thought about my friend Dana Stanaland while I was looking at the panda's. Dana was my baby sitter for a while. She wasn't that much older than me, maybe 3 years, but my mom and her mom were in a social sorority together and they went out of town a lot to meetings and the such, so I often stayed with Dana at her house. She had a panda collection, not just stuffed, but on everything she owned. She was in a newspaper once, because her collection was so large. She and I got along well and last I heard she was working for a zoo. I hope she has had the chance to get up close with a panda in her life.

   

I would like to change my thoughts a bit at this point and say that I am worried about the interns that are from southern California. I hope that their families are well and their homes are protected from the fires.

   

I am tired and ready to go to sleep. It is late and I certainly need to sleep, although with the fires raging in California, it is worrisome to me and it will be difficult to sleep. But I am certainly about to try.

Until next time,

Eliza

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If there's anyone I'd like to see beat by the police, it's congress.

And George Will put it best,
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings."

T-6:30pm